The Girl with the Donut Tattoo premiered this summer at San Diego Comic-Con International.
Drawn by Paul Horn, creator of Cool Jerk (also my husband) and written by me, it’s a semi-autobiographical collection of strips about food and food blogging.
It’s 24 pages with color and features four recipes. Retail price is $5 and is currently in its third and final printing! Please go to Cool Jerk to order.
Thank you for everyone that came out (or sent someone that attended the show) and bought the comic! (Not Bourdain though. He got a free comic. It’s the perk of being a celeb-chef mentioned in the book.)
Here are a few mentions about the comic:
- Alcoholic Donut Heaven: Awesome Kahlua Donut Shot From The Girl With The Donut Tattoo (Buzz Patrol, Nov. 4, 2012)
- Edible Kahlua Donut Shots & The Girl with the Donut Tattoo (Laughing Squid, Nov. 1, 2012)
- Toss Back These Edible Donut Shots (Foodbeast, Oct. 29, 2012)
- Podcast review of The Girl with the Donut Tattoo + Top Cow Previews (Comic Book Noise, September 14, 2012)
- Make Mine Mini: The Girl with the Donut Tattoo (Comic Book Resources, July 2012)
- Double Horned Salute (Pink Candles at Ridgemont High, July 25, 2012)
- Self-Publishers Aren’t Fazed by Fading Print (San Diego Citybeat, July 25, 2012)
- The Comics Waiting Room (Video interview with Marc Mason. Video embedded below.)
- Geekazoid Friday: We Should All Be In San Diego This Weekend (American Copy Editors Society)
- SDCC 12: The Girl with the Donut Tattoo gives food recommendations
- Foodie Artist Exposes Her Comic Side (Union-Tribune San Diego – July 11, 2012)
Darlene, this is so cute. I love the idea, and the title and cover image are a perfect match. Looking forward to seeing it!
Now I want Paul to do one for the Wine Harlots.
Too cute! I can’t wait to see more!!
That is so amazing! Will you guys have a booth at Comic-Con?
Thanks! We’ve actually had a table in Small Press the last 9 years but for Paul’s comic Cool Jerk. We’ll be at the same place again promoting Cool Jerk and The Girl with the Donut Tattoo this year.
I think Anthony Bourdain is on every woman’s list!
How exciting Darlene! Love the title! So, do you really have a donut tattoo?
If you have any issues left after the Con, please save one for me. 🙂
Hi Darlene ~ Congrats! Will you be selling these online as well?
I “know” you through JustJenn; I’ve been reading her blog for about a year and a half now…
So nice to finally “meet” you!
Lola in Las Vegas
Hi! Yes, these will be sold online as well at my husband’s site right after comic-con. Thank you for visiting!!!
Let me know how to purchase! Congratulations from a long time fan.
Let me know when it goes for sale online. Can’t wait to purchase! Congratulations
Thanks!! It’s for sale online at my husband’s store: http://cooljerk.com/shop/
I’m trying to get it in a few stores locally but I can always deliver it too!
I got my book on Friday and have thoroughly enjoyed it! I’ve already been through it a couple of times and have shared some of the strips with my wife that she can identify with. After putting up with me for so long she especially identified with the “Ordering the same item on the menu” part! Great work and thanks for making this!
Thank you so much for the kind words Justin and also for buying the book. Glad you relate! 🙂