The Girl with the Donut Tattoo premiered this summer at San Diego Comic-Con International.
Drawn by Paul Horn, creator of Cool Jerk (also my husband) and written by me, it’s a semi-autobiographical collection of strips about food and food blogging.
It’s 24 pages with color and features four recipes. Retail price is $5 and is currently in its third and final printing! Please go to Cool Jerk to order.
Thank you for everyone that came out (or sent someone that attended the show) and bought the comic! (Not Bourdain though. He got a free comic. It’s the perk of being a celeb-chef mentioned in the book.)
Here are a few mentions about the comic:
- Alcoholic Donut Heaven: Awesome Kahlua Donut Shot From The Girl With The Donut Tattoo (Buzz Patrol, Nov. 4, 2012)
- Edible Kahlua Donut Shots & The Girl with the Donut Tattoo (Laughing Squid, Nov. 1, 2012)
- Toss Back These Edible Donut Shots (Foodbeast, Oct. 29, 2012)
- Podcast review of The Girl with the Donut Tattoo + Top Cow Previews (Comic Book Noise, September 14, 2012)
- Make Mine Mini: The Girl with the Donut Tattoo (Comic Book Resources, July 2012)
- Double Horned Salute (Pink Candles at Ridgemont High, July 25, 2012)
- Self-Publishers Aren’t Fazed by Fading Print (San Diego Citybeat, July 25, 2012)
- The Comics Waiting Room (Video interview with Marc Mason. Video embedded below.)
- Geekazoid Friday: We Should All Be In San Diego This Weekend (American Copy Editors Society)
- SDCC 12: The Girl with the Donut Tattoo gives food recommendations
- Foodie Artist Exposes Her Comic Side (Union-Tribune San Diego – July 11, 2012)