Skip to content

Edible Donut Shooters and The Girl with the Donut Tattoo comic

June 19, 2012
tags: ,
by

Girl with the Donut Tattoo (final)

Things are busy here at the Horn household. Aside from renovating, packing and prepping for our move, we’re also trying to wrangle putting out a comic. Yes, you read that right, a comic. The semi-autobiographical comic is written by me with art by Paul and entitled The Girl with the Donut Tattoo.

You may have seen the tease a few weeks ago appear at the top of this site but this is the official announcement — at least here on the website. (I’ve teased it a few times on the Facebook page.)

Donut shooters

With all these things going on, there’s nothing more relaxing at the end of day than popping in a donut shooter: a hollowed out buttermilk donut filled with Kahlua mudslide mix. It’s a sweet, edible container spiked with a bit of alcohol. Other donut holes can be easily substituted as well as replacing the Kahlua with your beverage of choice. (I recommend milk or coffee for anyone not of legal drinking age or who doesn’t drink alcohol.) Additionally, these donut shooters are mentioned in the comic as well as other donut inventions I have in my donut diary. But more to come on that later.

Donut plus Kahlua

While we’re rushing to get things done, please visit this page for more information. Why dontcha like the Facebook page for My Burning Kitchen in the meantime?

About these ads
19 Comments leave one →
  1. Lorena permalink
    June 19, 2012 9:44 AM

You’re killing me, Darlene — I longingly eye the buttermilk donut bites at VONS every time we pass them, wondering how I’ll ever eat them all before they go stale (or before I gain five pounds)…And then you hit me with this! XD

Great idea and one I’m sure I’ll put to use once little man goes down for his nap on Sunday morning! Lastly, I love (and am not one bit surprised) that you have a donut diary…

Oh, and before I forget — at a family party this weekend, I saw ube donut holes. Have you ever seen/tasted those before? I’m not a super huge fan of ube, but I do love purple…

• June 21, 2012 7:57 AM

Wow… ube donut holes. I’ll see if I can find it. I haven’t had ube in a few years (I feel the same way about it as you) but maybe my opinion has changed.

2. Stephanie permalink
    June 19, 2012 12:15 PM

The shooters and the comic look fantastic!

• June 21, 2012 7:57 AM

They were! The donut holes were unfortunately stale but filling them with Kahlua helped out.

3. Jeff permalink
    June 19, 2012 4:12 PM

When can I place an advance order for the book?

4. June 20, 2012 2:45 PM

Wow! Decadent. You really know how to live it up. And congrats on the book. It’s so cute!

• June 21, 2012 7:58 AM

It was pretty decadent but realistically, one donut shooter was half a donut hole.

5. June 20, 2012 5:28 PM

Donut Diary! I kind of want some donuts now.

6. pinkcandles permalink
    June 26, 2012 9:21 AM

Ooh, what an awesome way to eat donuts!

If you have any issues left after the Con, please save me a copy! :)

7. Ted permalink
    November 1, 2012 5:13 PM

Liking the TMBG glasses!

• November 5, 2012 8:51 AM

My husband and I are HUGE TMBG fans. Unfortunately, the other two shot glasses in this set are ruined.

Trackbacks