Foodette of Restaurant Review World has tagged me with a meme she’s calling Lucky Seven Meme. According to the rules, I state seven random facts about myself, tag seven other bloggers and let them know they’ve been tagged.
I’m going to follow Foodette’s lead and make all my facts food related. So here I go:
1. My dream cooking/dinner date would include Anthony Bourdain and Alton Brown. It’s the mix between quirkiness and some snark appeal as well as the promise of good food and company. My significant other is understanding and doesn’t question my motive when watching either one of their shows for an extended period of time.
2. I always carry my digital camera with me to take photos of food and/or food situation. I never know what foods I might be eating. The extra weight in my purse has caused some back problems (I carry a huge purse) or being informed that I can’t take photos inside their establishment.
3. The start of my obsession with food and food photography, was during a European trip in 2001 where I marvelled at the all the new and interesting food that I encountered.
4. During that same trip in Berlin, the only meals I ate were purchased underground along the railway system. I regret the great meals I have missed and plan to remedy that with a return visit.
5. I don’t like “ants on a log” and raw carrot sticks.
6. I love to cook and have several times wanted to quit my job and join a culinary school.
7. I sometimes feel that there is not enough time or space in my stomach to try all the foods in the world.